Access Bookings is committed to being a socially and environmentally responsible company, we aim to make a positive difference to our business through our activities and those of our customers whilst booking hotel accommodation, travel and organising meetings & events.
Our corporate social responsibility programme places an emphasis on reducing our impact on the environment and making a difference within local and international communities in which we operate.
We have worked with many different productions who have been awarded Albert+ certification. We hold (amongst other ISO’s) the Environmental Standard - ISO 14001:2004
Our key priorities and achievements are as follows:
- To reduce the use of resources and to recycle (paper, plastic, wood, kitchen and garden waste; printer cartridges are all recycled) and re-use (shredded paper is used for local stabling, garden waste is composted and wood is chipped for the gardens)
- To operate an energy reduction programme, with the use of energy saving light bulbs; switching off lighting in areas of the office that are not occupied or used as part of the 24 hour operation, and all electrical items are shut down, not left on standby when not in use.
- To make full use of processes that are fully integrated to promote the use of email, telephone and web technology to prevent un-necessary travel and to reduce the amount of paper and ink with an online document library for invoices.
- To reduce our carbon footprint, we operate a car sharing scheme and have local staff employed around the country to reduce travel miles for show rounds and client visits and the promotion of the use of public transport wherever possible.
- To encourage and communicate with staff to engage in greater environmental awareness at both work and home.
- To actively fundraise as a team for charities in the local community and around the world. Recent activity has raised funds for Whizz Kids, Comic Relief, Oxfam and Sponsor Guide Dogs for the Blind. We sponsor Missionaries for Africa and donate mobile phones and all old computers to local community groups.
Within our supply chain we operate an environmental policy and accredit providers who are able to demonstrate that they operate in an environmentally friendly manner. On enquiries this is demonstrated by our green logo . Green policies of specific providers are able to be provided subject to the supplier having one in place.
Through our commitment to sustainability and working with our suppliers and customers to ensure we can demonstrate environmental and social sustainability in all our activities.
Access Bookings is also committed to ensuring that modern slavery & human trafficking is not taking place in our business. Please view our signed statement.
charitable causes we
Charities that we have previously raised funds for include:
- Comic Relief
- BBC's Children in Need
- Sport Relief
- Teenage Cancer Trust
- Hounds for Heroes
- Guide Dogs
We also sponsor Missionaries for Africa and donate mobile phones and all old computers to local community groups.
Our nominated charities for 2017 are:
- St Giles Hospice
- Acorns Children's Hospice
Access Bookings is delighted to support BBC Media Action, the BBC's international development charity which uses the media to transform and improve lives in some of the world's most challenging places. This innovative charity makes TV and radio programmes, it trains and mentors journalists, runs educational mobile phone services and supports development professionals to improve their communication skills. It reaches an incredible 200 million people across the world, giving them reliable information and helping them make sense of events, engage in dialogue and take action to improve their lives. We are pleased to be supporting the work of BBC Media Action by helping them with their accommodation needs.
David Goldesgeyme, BBC Media Action's Head of Corporate Partnerships says, "We are not funded by the licence fee, so our work is only possible thanks to our generous donors - whether governments, foundations, individuals or companies like Access Bookings, whose support is incredibly helpful and very much appreciated."
For more information, please see www.bbc.co.uk/mediaaction.